The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Associate -Gender to coordinate the design and implement gender components of various projects in ILRI, Hanoi Office, Vietnam.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
Supported by the ILRI gender team based in Nairobi, the person will coordinate the design and implementation of the gender components of various projects that focus on animal and human health, livestock systems and value chains.
- Ensure gender components are included in the projects by identifying entry points and implementing recommendations.
- Facilitate participatory research, including assessments and community engagement, for livestock and food safety related interventions
- Implement data collection and assist in research analysis
- Contribute to the writing of scientific publications as well as outputs for a wider audience
- Coordinate with local partners and community groups in research planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure an efficient communication flow between local partners and the ILRI team
- Suggest on, develop and organise capacity building efforts on gender aspects for local partners in Vietnam and the region
- MSc in a social science (geography, anthropology, sociology, development studies, economics) with an emphasis on gender
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in similar position
- Experience in collecting and analysing gender related data
- Familiarity with gender and livestock system issues and challenges in Vietnam
- Good analytical skills – either qualitative or quantitative
- Capacity to work independently
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Publication record is preferred
- Ability to work effectively in multi-regional teams and partners with members drawn from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures and scientific disciplines
- Strong English and Vietnamese language skills, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel frequently, often to rural areas and spend time in the field
Terms of Appointment
The position level is HG12 and open to Vietnamese nationals only. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
Post location: The position will be based in ILRI Hanoi Office, Vietnam
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ before 30 July 2020. The position title and reference number REF: RA/07/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.